Re: Auto tranny problems!

Follow all of Mark's advice. Pay particular attention to replacing the
"caps" and resoldering all of the joints to eliminate any possibility
of cold solder joints. Worst case you might have to replace some of
the transistors but most of the time replcaing the caps and
resoldering will "fix" it or at least get it going. If you are patient
and have a few extra bucks we might soon have a Transzilla available.
In the meantime Mark's tips will get you going again. Be very careful
not to drive too fast in 2nd gear as mechanical damage caused by a
defective govenor will require you to rebuild your transmission. Test
the downshift switch and wiring to make sure it isn't forcing you into
2nd gear.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Adam Price" <acprice1@xxxx> wrote:
> Today my car would not shift out of 2nd gear. I have had
transmission