Re: [DML] Re: Cold start problems

21.12.01 05:55:45, "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty@xxxx> wrote:

>I think you have two separate problems here. The first is in the
>starter system as it should crank strong without stopping. The other
>is an idle quality problem probably related to the fuel system but I
>can't rule out a problem in the ignition secondary.
> For the starter problem if it is an early vin there is a wiring
>change you must do. If that isn't the trouble then load test the
>battery and clean all of the big connections from the battery to the
>starter including all ground connections. If the problem still exists
>it could be the starter relay although that is rare.
> Fot the idle problem check ALL of the vacuum hoses, a vacuum leak
>will drastically affect idle quality. A defective control pressure
>regulater could also cause these symptoms. If the car hasn't had a
>tune-up in a long time now might be a good time as worn plugs and bad
>wires could also cause these symptoms. There could also be other
>things to check out as there are some temperature sensitive switches
>that are involved with warm-up. Most owners aren't trying to start
>their "D"'s when it'S THAT COLD!!!!

Yeah, I know - I am going to test how the DeLorean works in a cold
climate this winter - I got my winter tires today, with spikes.
The biggest problem so far is shifting gear when it's below -5 ° C , the
oil gets really thick.

> I hope you mean "O" degrees celsius!

Yes - but it is not that unusal to have 0 degrees fahrenheit up here.

I would like to thank everyone for their help - I'm going to try to fix the problem
during the holidays.

Regards,
Wilhelm Starberg
VIN #10816 - Norway