Re: [DML] Heat Stove Function.

Dave, Yes I'm talking about the Hot/cold air valve D:07:01. Due to the
location and without close examination and for the sake of a longer
conversation and a lot of people know or have heard of a mass air flow meter.
That's why I called it that. Your also correct in certain parts of the
country and in certain weather conditions
( Freezing ) the air flow valve is necessary to keep the water in the fuel
system from freezing. But, as I understand it, most of the cars in sub
freezing weather are in storage due to not wanting to get the car in a
potential accident and salt on the roads. In our southern part of the
country, we may have a little potential freezing weather but it's not bad.
Remembering that I have said I worked on Corvettes a lot with carburated
systems, I'm used to power tuning a system. So if I have maximum fire, good
hot grade of gasoline, maximum air flow using standard parts and with only
minor changes and without a dyno test, I can feel the difference from
beginning to now. Yes, it's not all that measurable by a dyno test, But have
you ever got in a car and drove it and you feel you have to push hard on the
gas to make it go. With what I have done, I now have the sensation the car is
pulling me instead of me saying: gitty up go. I guess it's the old mechanic
coming out in me. I have said in the past, the car will tell you a lot by the
feel and the sounds. You just have to know how to read it.
John Hervey
www.specialTauto.com