Red DeLorean with a pedigree

I just met a guy named John Johnson from Ohio who had a red DeLorean with
him at a cruise-in car show in Tampa. He claims that this car was painted
red by the dealership that JZD's brother owned in Cincinnati and that he
bought it in 1985. The way he described it, it sounded like it was once a
personal car of JZD's brother. I seem to remember reading somewhere that
there was such a car, but then there may have been several that fit this
description. For those of you keeping statistics this car is VIN 007171 Nov
'81 build but considered an '82 model with gray interior and manual
transmission. This car has barely over 6400 miles on it and looks new. The
engine appears factory original with no turbos or anything. All the gray
parts of the car have been painted red except for the door jams. The
lettering on the bumper have been painted red, too. There is a silver &
black pinstripe that hooks around the back of the air scoops.

Can anyone say whether this car has a history that makes it more
collectable? The owner seems to think so.

Walt Tampa, FL