Re: Follow up! Sad DeLorean Story.....

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, dmc_delorean_2000@xxxx wrote:
> well i have actually just joined the DML, before that i've heard of
> it but never realy looked into it.
'''>
> once again i would like to appoligize if i have offended anyone
> (especialy PJ Grady who i hear is an awsome guy, i must have just
> caught him at a bad time period) and if i have offended anyone, im
> sorry i didnt mean to, but i was just expressing my thoughts and
> knowlege.

HI,
I'm still confused. Do you have a five speed manual or an
automatic? If you have the 5 speed manual, how are you going to shift
without a clutch? If it is the automatic, your problem sounded like
the shift computer. Aamco definitely is not the place to go with any
car as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't let them work on my car if
they were the last place around.
I thought that you said the car ran fine when you got it so what
happened that you needed work?
I had a friend that took his Delorean to the places that his dad
told him to go see. He almost always had more trouble after these
trusted mechanics worked on his car. He then ended up at my place or
P.J.Grady's.
Experience and knowledge of this car is very important when
getting it fixed. Have you tried Volvo mechanics since you don't want
to go back to P.J.Grady's?
Lastly, I have known Rob for many years now and have had him do
some work on my car a number of times. I have found the work to be
excellent, the people always helpful even when calling in only for
advice. I don't understand how you had such a bad experience there.
The car can be and is a reliable car when properly maintained
and repaired. As others had suggested, you need to become friends
with some other owners that could help.
Good luck,
Gary Masie