Re: DMC "Wishlist" for Christmas

I'm way ahead of you Stian!

A year ago I asked the list about the interest level in making a
back-lit illuminated instument cluster. I had enough support, so I
began working on it. Then summer came and I had to put my own cluster
back in my car. Now that winter is upon MN again, its back off and
I'm continuing the work. I dont have a specific timeframe when it
will be completed, but I do hope to have a working prototype at least
with me in Memphis. I am currently working with a few other list
members to produce this and hopefully sell it through one of the
vendors.

And DMC Houston is already ahead of you with an electronic
speedometer. I saw a prototype they had in thier showroom during the
open house this summer. I put a picture of it in the FILES secion a
while ago. Should still be there (named speedometer.jpg). James said
it wouldn't be ready for about another year however.

And about your idea for a temperature display, I, again, am way ahead
of you. Only this is somthing I'm doing just for my own car. Others
could follow pursuit if they wish (I wont mind). I pulled a
compass/temp display out of a Chevy Blazer. Due to the size of the
unit, I cannot simply slap it onto the headliner. Therefore I am
SIGNIFICANTLY and UNREVERSABLY modifying my front-center headliner
core to accomodate the cut up temp. display unit. I also hope to
incorperate a few other items into this custom overhead console. If
people are interested I could write up plans on how to do this when I
am done with the modification.

And yes, PJ Grady is working on door launchers with the Zilla line of
products, but I have no actualy knowledge about this unit. Otherwise
Darryl Tinnerstet (www.delorean-parts.com) already has a system made
up.

I personally wouldn't want ABS or Power Steering (nor the astronomical
cost) but I'm sure there are quite a few people that do. Many of
those other items do seem quite interesting though. (I would love some
DeLorean sunglasses!)

My personall addition to the wishlist, professionally engineered LED
tail and marker lights.

Make a Poll Stian!

Jim Reeve
MNDMC - Minnesota DeLorean Club