Re: Refurbished costs....

IMHO you are approaching this the wrong way in regard to what you
would do first. If you go the cosmetic route you will look very nice
stuck on the side of the road! Do not ignore the importance of having
a SAFE and RELIABLE car even if it is to go around the block. Budjet
some money for the inevitable repairs that will be needed on a 20+
year old car. From your little exercise you can see that there are all
different levels of "refurbished". Obviously no one is going to
replace everything to refurbish a car. Many parts will be gone over or
rebuilt, not replaced. Even interior parts do not get replaced except
carpet and headliners, seat covers, and any trim that is cracked or
damaged.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757