RE: [DML] Comments on the DML

Gary - what you ask is pretty much impossible. There are
over 1000 subscribers to the list. Most of which, the
moderators will never correspond with, much less meet in
person. Most of the userids used to subscribe to the list
are not names, nor are names (verified or otherwise)
required to become a subscriber. The best we can do
is allow people post within the charter of the list
and let the other list subscribers come to their own
conclusions. Sometimes posts will be critical of
vendors, moderators, or other list members. As moderators
we try to keep personal attacks to a minimum, but there will
always be situations where people will take offense
where the moderator on duty will not.

Most of these situations are self correcting. If a poster
ticks off enough people or is determined to be less than
"real", that person is quickly and effectively ignored
by the rest of the list. Once they stop getting responses
to provocative posts, they usually get bored and move on
to stir up another list.

Remember - on the internet, nobody knows your a dog.

Mike