Re: [DML] Legend (Was: twin turbo)

--- "Marc A. Levy" <malevy@xxxx> wrote:
Most people limit the boost to 6lbs, and still risk
internal damage to the engine because it is not
designed for forced induction.
- - - - - - - - -
Marc is both on target and way off target. He is on
target when he refers to the Legend set-up as being
very different from the "twin turbo kit". The Legend
set-up required modifications in order to pump up the
boost and still retain reliability.

However, I disagree with the comments that running 6
lbs. of boost is risky in any way. I, and others,
have put many thousands of miles on the PRV engine
running anywhere from 6 to 7.5/8 lbs. of boost with no
apparent problems. I have personally put over 120,000
miles on twin turbo equipped engines and have had no
engine problems.

The PRV engine is an extremely tough engine. With any
sort of reasonable care it is almost impossible to
hurt it.

Dick Ryan