Re: Legend (Was: twin turbo)

Thanks to Mark for correcting me. I am wrong in that the Island Kit IS
a twin. It is NOT intercooled and there are no modifacations to the
internals of the engine. There is some tweaking and some accessories
added and although it certainly improves performance it is said that
it doesn't equal the Legend set-up. Someday when Rob Grady gets his
Legend car going we will know for sure!
BTW I think even $30,000 for #502 would be a good deal even if it
isn't running. In other Marques a prototype car especially an "early"
one commands big bucks. There are so few of the Legend cars that it
should help qualify it for a high amount if not now then maybe
sometime in the future. Don't forget besides the turbo set-up it is
the second car produced. That has to mean something! Now if it is a
non-functioning motor (more than not running, ie:missing critical
parts) that would affect the price.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Marc A. Levy" <malevy@xxxx> wrote:
> It has been discussed before, but I guess I can say it again in
light of
> Dave's post below.
>
> The Legend twin turbo setup is nothing like the Island twin turbo.
On