Re: Console Clock and Vixen

Matthew wrote:

> Next point: I haven't found this in the book anywhere
> and its been so damn long since my car has actually run...
> Is the digital clock on the console next to
> the shifter supposed to stay on even when the car is off?

The clock has 4 wires going to it:
Black = Ground
Purple = +12V ALLWAYS (same fuse as Lighter)
LightGreen w/ White = +12V after ignition
Red w/ Orange = +12V from lights

When they are connected as they should be the clock should
illuminate when you turn on the ignition. When you switch
on your lights it should dim, just like the AC-panell lights
in their original configuration.

Just remove the plate around the shifter, unplug the clock
and use a testlight to determine if the plug is wired up properly.

Good luck,

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000