Re: Storing my car for the first time

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Kevin Abato" <delorean@xxxx> wrote:
> It has been a great 8 months of ownership with my Delorean, but now
I want
> to tuck it away until March in my garage...what should I do for
proper
> storage?
>
> Disconnect the battery.
>
> (Please...nothing too crazy...just some BASIC storage tips!)
What you should do is use up the gas to have 1/2 a tank or less and
put some extender in it. Also, change the oil and filter. This is the
minimum. You can also, flush the brake and clutch lines with new
fluid and lastly you can put the car up on jackstands. It is a good
idea to put a heavy plastic sheet under the car to keep condensation
from forming on the underside that can come up from the ground/
cement under the car. There are many other things that others will
suggest as well, such as wash the car, cover the car, and put some
dry packs in the passenger compartment. I am sure that there are
somethings that I have forgotten.
Good luck,
Gary Masie