Re: Minor electrical problem...

--- In dmcnews, Adam Price wrote:
> I just pulled all my fuses and tested the current across them.
> Sure enough my Courtesies circuit is pulling 1.35 Amps even
> while the engine is off.

Is this with, or without one or both doors open?
I'd pull the delay (white relay-like thing, bottom row, 3rd position)
to see if this is causing you problems; the internal transistor could
have shortcircuited.
Also check ALL switches. So not only the switches for the doors, but
also the trunk and engine bay since they all run from this same
circuit.

Best would be to pull the delay and disconnect all switches, then
re-connecte them one after another; once you see the current go up
you know the culprit.

> Disturbingly, my cigar lighter/radio fuse has a small amount
> (13.3 mA) across it as well even with the lighter pulled out.

This would be normal: your clock (if equipped) runs off of this
circuit too and your radio saves its memories with power from
that circuit. I wouldn't worry about this.

Good luck,

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000