First Pass EFI Dyno Results

I just had 06147 on a chassis dyno to see what type of performance I
was getting with electronic multi port fuel injection. Thought you
might be interested in the results. The car was equpped with all the
stock ignition, fuel delivery system, cams, exhaust, catalytics, air
filter etc... In the process I found that my injector sizing was too
small. The injectors topped out at a 100% duty cycle (they were
running wide open) at approximately 4900 RPM which is where horse
power started to drop off. At 4900 it was making 108.4 rear wheel HP
and simply wouldn't run over 5400. Max torque was 148.5 at 2800 RPM.
With larger injectors (or if I cheat with increased fuel pressure),
I'm sure max HP would continue to climb. If it were to climb in a
linear fashion (as it does between 3400 and 4900), for another 1500
RPM that would add another 15 to 18 HP putting you in the 125 rear
wheel HP area. But in reality, the HP curve will probably gradually
flatten out as it approaches redline. Either way I suspect there is
probably another 10 HP to be had with larger injectors.

A CIS car at 100 rear wheel HP is 9.2% (100/108) behind EFI in rear
wheel HP, even with my undersized injectors. I assume you could
extrapolate EFI crank HP at about 141 vs 130 for CIS, but the EFI
numbers will be higher once I properly size the injectors and can run
to redline. These values are with the stock air filter assy and a
Fram filter element. Just for grins I made one last pass with the
same ECU program values but without the air filter assy. Rear wheel
HP rose to 109.5 at 4800 for about a 1.1 HP gain, and max torque was
148 at 2900 RPM. I'll be installing bigger injectors and heading
back to the dyno soon. I'll let you know what I end up with.

Once I get this fully sorted out, would anyone be interested in a kit
if there were no irreversible modifications required for
installation, and it cost around $1800 as a complete fully
programmed and documented bolt on.

I've never had as much fun with a car as I've had with this one.
Jim :-)