Engine Performance.

With the addition of a new Ignition Coil, the only 2 remaining
parts of my ignition system are the ballast resistors, and the
pickup coil inside the distributor. Even the Ignition ECU is new.

All I can say is WOW! What an improvement to the engine's
power! While I still have the slight bucking on hills, I'll be working
on that this weekend. I took the car out for a test run, and I can
tell you that performance is MUCH better! Haven't gotton it out
onto the highway yet to open open up the throttle all the way.
Holiday weekend, and too many troopers & DUI checkpoints out
to risk it. So far my highest speed has been 112mph, we'll see if
I can beat that.

I want to say that it was mentioned a couple of years back on the
DML here. And I also want to say that it was quoted by DMC Joe,
but I'm not sure. Nor can I find it anywhere in the archives. The
quote was about how ignition components, including the ECU
can wear out, and hurt engine performance. I can tell you now
that this is definately true! I've also noticed an improvement in
gas milage. I'm not even @ half a tank yet, and I've already
clocked on about 110 miles.

Just wanted to pass this along. I read an article a while back
about x-drilled rotors. I was interesting in as it stated the reason
that most people see such improvements in the brakes are not
from the new rotors, but because they usually do a full brake job
@ the same time. Perhaps this is also why people who do
engine swaps see such improvements in performance. They're
also installing new ECU's & electronic components as well...

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"