Re: [DML] air induction bolt broken! help!

Re: [DML] air induction bolt broken! help!

ah, andy. All I can say is: You told you so!

You're going to be pissed if you have to put it back together like
that....
You can probably drill it out if you're careful.
If you have to drill, my dad taught me some old indian tricks that I'll
pass on.
You obviously can't drill onto a non-parallel face, it just doesn't
work.. the bit always travels. PLace the bit perpendicular with the face
that you're cutting into, and start drilling that way. Then when the tip
of the bit gets to the center of the bolt, turn the drill slowly to
parallel with the bolt, cutting it with the side of the drill. Then you
can proceed to extract the bolt by drilling. If you're careful, you can
take out the bolt in pieces without destroying the threads.
You may have already known this, but I thought i'd try to help.. You
should also consider getting a set of COBALT drill bits. I was amazed
how good these bits are! You spend less time worrying WHEN you'll get
there so you can spend more time worrying about how you're going to get
there... If al else fails, I have an engine block for sale.. hehehe!

I even drew you a picture. :)