Re: [DML] My FIRST proper questions!

In a message dated 11/1/01 6:21:36 PM Central Standard Time,
webmaster@xxxx writes:

> We then started it again but with a large amount of difficulty (loads of
> cranking and had to
> jump the battery which was rapidly getting flat). And I sat for a good 5
> minutes keeping the
> revs at 1500. It still wouldn't idle and stalled.
>
> ...and that was it. We've not been able to get it going since. We've let it
> go cold and tried

I had a similar problem on my car when i rebuilt some of the fuel injection
this spring, where it seemed like the car WANTED to run upon cranking, but
then it would immediately die, or it would run as long as you kept hitting
the gas, but then it would quit as soon as you let off it.

the problem was the brass pipe that goes from the idle speed motor to the
driver's side of the lower air meter housing. it wasn't in properly and gave
me a massive vacuum leak. i had to put it in again and i sealed it with some
epoxy to make double sure it was tight. after some tweaking of the fuel/air
mixture, it ran again!

Andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596