still the stupid clunk

Here's what I've done:
1. checked the trailing arm bolts. Tight. Shims are 6 one side, 1 on the
other. That seems odd, because the parts list at Houston's site lists max 5
per side. Hmmm.
2. Rear hub assembly lubrication.
3. Check all rear body to frame bolts. Although maybe I haven't got them
all... anyone have a list?

While I was under the car this morning checking all that AGAIN... I grabbed
the right axle and slid it side to side. It makes a loud clunk sound --just
like the one I hear when turning-- as it travels as far as it can to the
outside. Is it suppossed to do that?
I've pulled the CV boot back and tried to see if it needed extra grease, but
I can't tell. I might try to use the grease-gun-needle and squirt some more
grease behind it, if anyone thinks that might help.

BTW- did anyone check out my page on clunks at
www.mindspring.com/~kecreason/delorean ? Are there any discrepancies or
misinfo? anyone have anything to add?

---------
I read this somewhere:
"most experts agree that the end of the world will come by accident, most
likely. That's where we come in; we're Computer Experts, we make accidents."