Re: [DML] Sudden shifting trouble

I installed a Centerforce clutch about 3 months ago. First off, it IS a
Valeo clutch assembly. They are simply modified by Centerforce with the
attachment of their "patented" weight system. I personally can't see or feel
much of a difference between the stock OEM clutch and the Centerforce. The
only difference that is obvious is that they painted the pressure plate
gold, slapped a Centerforce sticker over the Valeo logo and added the
weights....There is no "clunk" when it engages, as a matter of fact, it is
quite smooth, but then again so is the OEM clutch when properly adjusted.
Your master cylinder leak is most likely responsible for the "clunk". When
the time comes again, I don't think I would spend the extra money for the
Centerforce. IMHO, any improvement attributed by the addition of the weights
is at best negligible.
Rustproof
Vin 1559