Re: [DML] Your first DeLorean purchase II

Re: [DML] Your first DeLorean purchase II

I've kept quiet on this subject, but Les' comment
about not buying a DeLorean with extremely high
mileage cannot go unchallenged. I don't know what is
considered "extreme", but some of the very best and
most reliable DeLoreans out there have been driven 60
- 100,000 miles and more. (Considering how many D's
never seem to get driven, that might qualify as
extreme.)

Next Wednesday I will hop in my D and drive it To CA
for the third time this year and this trip will be
nearly 3,000 miles before I get home. I have no more
worries about car trouble/reliability in my D than I
do in my Grand Cherokee.

I have several friends in the DeLorean Touring Society
who have high mileage cars. Placed side-by-side with
almost any "low mileage car" they would be the better
buy and the same or even higher price.

Why? Simple. Those of us who really drive our cars
are more likely to keep them in perfect repair. When
ANYTHING begins to be suspect in my car, it is fixed.

Bottom line: Generalizations about which cars to
avoid and which to go after are like all
generalizations - - they are guidelines, not hard and
fast "do's and don'ts".

Dick Ryan