Re: [DML] Delorean prices...supply & demand

Re: [DML] Delorean prices...supply & demand

In a message dated 10/24/01 10:21:46 PM Central Daylight Time,
billsfanmd@xxxx writes:

> It seems alot of the original owner cars are slowly turning up in old
> warehouses and garages. When these cars disappear from the market and the
> demand moves past the current supply we will finally see our car prices
> rise.
> The only solution is the same as all those internet stocks we all are
> holding...don't sell.

Mike,

you are exactly right. this is the best time to buy a DeLorean because:

1. prices are low
2. many are available in all conditions
3. original owners are frustrated that the car hasn't significantly
appreciated in value, or are tired of the upkeep - they would rather just get
rid of a car sitting in a garage for years.

the advantage to those of us who are owners are that EVENTUALLY all of the
ratty, unkempt cars will be sold to younger buyers (or older guys who just
want something to toy with) who really WANT to own, drive, and restore a
DeLorean. and these are the guys who will never give up their car for
anything because they had dreamed of the big DMC logo for years. at the
point that most cars are in restored condition, that is when our cars will
gain value. right now there are just too many poor condition DeLoreans to be
sold.

just my take on the whole thing. i bought it because i loved the car - not
for an investment. if it appreciates some day, great. but at least i have
my dream car.

Andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596