Re: [DML] Taillight Reflector

In a message dated 10/24/01 6:35:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ultra@xxxx
writes:

> If anyone is missing this part, I strongly recommend calling a vender and
> getting ahold of this part (I too, do not know its part number). It is not
> just a matter of asthetics (which people who know me will know I'm obsessed

It's part number 108361 (for either side.) DMC Houston sells one with each
replacement lens, according to their website. Don't bother looking for an
illustration of it in their parts diagram. It's not illustrated in the
original pic. I haven't had time to look through my assorted stack of
DeLorean parts identification manuals, but I'd guess it's not in any of them.
These things happen. I'm planning to include it in the revised manual.
BTW, if anyone picks up a replacement lens on the cheap somewhere, they may
have gotten it WITHOUT the reflector, since this was how dealers got the
lens. So if you haven't got a reflector but you have got a nice new looking
lens... it probably is still in the old one if you have it. They hold in
place with two plastic wings. Easy to remove, if you're careful not to break
them off. If you're getting a new lens, what the heck, get the reflector.
They fade too.

Wayne A. Ernst
DMCTech Group