My car show, my links, the DOD and a bit more

My car show, my links, the DOD and a bit more

I have a few bits of information I wanted to catch everyone up on:

First, I put on the 2001 DeLorean/Bricklin West Coast Celebration a couple
of weeks ago and I wanted to thank everyone who attended for helping to make
this such a great event. We had close to 100 people attend all or part of
the multi-day event plus our car show was open to the public on Saturday
with even more people attending. We had driving tours, dinners, exhibits,
lots of dealers, tech sessions, raffles and car judging. One of the things
that made this show special was a coming together of all 3 production
gullwing cars made: the DeLorean, Bricklin and the Mercedes 300sl gullwing.
our cars are unique and by banding together we were able to have event that
was beyond the scale of any single marquee (at least on the West Coast) and
provided a unique opportunity for the owners to get to know each other and
their cars. Actually, that part went even better than I expected! Plus
inside the Blackhawk museum we were able arrange a display of the 3
post-WWII car manufacturers: DeLorean, Bricklin, and the 48 Tucker. These
will continue to be on display to the public at the museum for the next 3
months.

I'm sorry I've not written more about the event sooner but I was scheduled
for a minor outpatient procedure a few days after the event but some things
went wrong and I ended up being a guest of the hospital for a few days. I'm
still recovering and should be fully up to speed in a few weeks. Actually
this should give me time to get our club website updated with information
and pictures. To see how the weekend went, (as soon as I have it posted),
see our club website at: http://www.ncdmc.org.

While the show and then my own problems were happening one of my ISP's
trashed my personal web site that I have for myself and my car. I've now
moved my DeLorean related web info to:

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/montkw/delorean/index.htm

I've got a few updates to do, but my LINKS page is, I think, the most
comprehensive list of DeLorean sites available. If you have changes or
additions I'd love to include them.

Between the show and my downtime I've also neglected the DeLorean Owners
Directory. I'm really sorry and I'll get the access requests done ASAP.
We've only had 26 additions/changes in the last 4 months but I'll still put
out a new edition late this fall. For more information on the DeLorean
Owners Directory, see: http://www.dmcnews.com/directory.html.

And yes, I'm still involved with Lee Seiler and his models, but lately I've
been threatened over this and I'm going to back WAY off if this continues.
I've been able to keep the communication channels open on this subject by
gathering information from Lee and passing it on, and I've been able to help
deliver a number of kits recently, but don't let anyone think that I'm in
business with Lee. I've just been trying to help.

You're all a great group! Thanks!

Ken
Ken Montgomery	Sacramento, CA VIN #10911 'OUTTIME'
http://www.jps.net/arkham/delorean/delorean01.htm
mailto:kenm@xxxx
President, Northern California DeLorean Motor Club
http://www.ncdmc.org
http://www.dmcnews.com mailto:directory@xxxx