Re: Mystery Electrical Gremlin (Grrrrrrr!)

Re: Mystery Electrical Gremlin (Grrrrrrr!)

I had the same EXACT thing happen to me with the CPR valve. I opened
it up and all the insulation on the wires were burned up along with
having that Black soot on it. That black soot is the result from a
short (sparking possibly). My wires were completely broken from
shorting out and heating up for so long. If you want to try and
repair them, I used wire that is found on those BBQ electonic
ignitions. It's a black coated wire and the coating is a Teflon
coating, made to withstand High Heat. I bought one of those ignition
units and took the wire that went from the sparker button to the
ceramic ignition module that mounts next to the burner. It worked but
there was still a problem with the valve itself on mine so I still
had to replace it (it had been sitting for 5 years with fuel in it).

Steve

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, DMCVegas@xxxx wrote:
> Driving home Saturday night, my car died about two blocks from
home.
> Long story short, I did a little roadside trouble shooting, and
> discovered that fuse #7 had blown. I replaced the fuse, the car
> started, and I continued home. Then as I turned the corner to go
> into my driveway, the fuse blew again!

[moderator snip]