Re: Mystery Electrical Gremlin (Grrrrrrr!)

Re: Mystery Electrical Gremlin (Grrrrrrr!)

Blowing #7 fuse could be a sign of impending failure of the fuel pump.
When the pump wears out and reaches the end of it's life it tends to
draw more current then usual. This circuit #7 is a large circuit
feeding many points and there could be insulation breakdown anywhere
that would cause this. Do a general visual inspection of the wiring
harness and measure current draw at the fuel pump. It can be done
easily at the inertia switch which gives the fuel pump it's ground. If
you think it's the CPR just unplug it and try running the car without
it (it won't run too good but for testing purposes good enough) and
see if #7 fuse keeps blowing. As always it is very smart to keep some
extra fuses in the car just don't EVER over fuse ie; install a larger
fuse than called for.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, DMCVegas@xxxx wrote:
> Driving home Saturday night, my car died about two blocks from home.
> Long story short, I did a little roadside trouble shooting, and
> discovered that fuse #7 had blown. I replaced the fuse, the car
> started, and I continued home. Then as I turned the corner to go
> into my driveway, the fuse blew again!

[moderator snip]