Re: things that go bump in the night

Inspect the trailing arm bolts but I think the source of the noise is
one or both of the drive shafts. The drive shafts change their length
as the wheels go up and down and on turns under acceleration. They
probably just need to be disassembled, cleaned and lubricated. While
you are at it check the c/v boots and lube the c/v joints too. Since
you think the noise is from the right start with that one first but do
both as they are on the car the same amount of time. The procedure is
in the archives for the driveshafts and c/v joints.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Mike Cutting" <mcutting@xxxx> wrote:
> hi folks..
>
> within the past week or so, i have heard a weird noise in the back
end of my
> car.. it seems to be coming from the righ rear of the car.
sometimes when
> i take a left corner, there is a faint "thunk". any thoughts as to
what to
> look for? i was thinking that it may be a bushing starting to go
but when i
> looked, everything looked okay. i don't think it's a c-v joint..
they all