Re: [DML] aftermarket auto transmission perhaps?

Re: [DML] aftermarket auto transmission perhaps?

I had to have a new Automatic trans. axle installed at 13, 800 miles in
my former 1981 #3713. The car was shipped to Grady. They did a great job with
the transmission. The car shifted much smoother than my other 1981 automatic
DeLorean #6058.

My advice is to stick with the stock unit, either rebuilt or new unit
installed. The rebuilt units have a different set up than that from the
Renault factory.

The automatic Fuego (Trans. ID MJ-B) utilizes the same computer harness.
Very few of the internal parts like the valve body are GM Europe. (Ferrari
automatic parts are also GM Europe!)
If you have any contacts in France have them look up a Renault 30 saloon.
The automatic is identical.

Cross your fingers with regard to the price. It is going to be expensive
either way you do it. (Swap w/ something completely different and/or install
a new unit or have your existing unit rebuilt)
Just to give you a comparison, Morley Safer, the journalist from the 60
Minutes TV show, blew the trans. axle in his beloved Ferrari. The Trans axle
cost as much as a Concourse DeLorean!

Sincerely,
Michael