Re: [DML] very high idle

I've noticed that over the last couple months, my car will idle at
different speeds. Sometimes tapping the gas pedal works, other times it
doesn't. Some days I'll just be sitting at a red light, idling at 2000,
and then it slowly drops down to 900 (normal on my car). This morning it
just got too rediculus. I came off the highway and I was idling at 3500
RPM. I ended up shutting the car off, and starting it again. When I got to
work I found that the throttle spool (next to the water pump) is sticking.
I'm guessing that some WD-40 will take care of that.

You might want to check that out. I simply turned the spool counter
clockwise and the idle dropped right down to 900. Maybe the spool just got
dirtied up at the tranny shop.

-Christian