From: srubano@xxxx
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2001 11:12 PM
Subject: [DML] Back on track!

Anyway here's the deal: I can start my engine with no problems but it
does have a slight back firing problem in the high RPM's. I know it
can be anything causing it but here's what's happening....I don't
think my Frequency Valve is not functioning...I don't hear it buzzing
while the engine is idling or when I rev the engine up...could this
be what's causing my backfiring problem? Also...when I connect a
DWELL meter to the diagnostic plug (to the same circuit that's for
the Frequency Valve) I don't get any readings (as one website
describes and a few Bosch K-Jet repair manuals say)...could I have a
faulty computer?? Also another strange thing...I let my engine idle
for a few minutes today....when I went to turn the ignition off the
engine was still running after I turned the key to the off position
and removed the key. I thought maybe there was something wrong with
the ignition switch so I unplugged it....engine was still running. I
next removed the RPM relay knowing that it would stop the fuel pump
and kill the engine...that stopped the engine. This was the first
time this had ever happened.

Thanks,

Steve