Re: [DML] Back on track! (update)

Well thanks to Nick Pittelo (sp?) he helped me track down why my
frequency valve was not working....there was a ground connection that
was not connected. After bolting it down to a good ground source it
started to buzz away! The ground connection is the single black wire
that comes out of the engine harness approximatley midway in the
engine compartment (behind the fuel distributor area) It has a Lug
crimped on the end of it for a bolt with some red tubing extending
out from the lug...it also has a single male/female connector near
the lug so that you can disconnect the ground for the Frequency
Valve?...I guess for disconeccting it quickly for some reason?

I still have a slight backfiring froblem in the high RPMs when I rev
the engine and occasianally in the lows. Could the Warm Up Regulator
be causing this? I opened it up and the wires were fried in it but
the resistor inside it (wrapped around the bi-metal strip) was good.
I tried re-wiring it with some High Heat Teflon coated wiring to see
if it would work. I'm still working on that problem and will keep you
guys updated in case anyone else runs into the same problem. I have
to run more tests on the Warm Up Regulator.

Steve

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe@xxxx> wrote:
> You said:
>
> "....I don't think my Frequency Valve is not functioning...I don't
hear it buzzing while the engine is idling or when I rev the engine
up...could this be what's causing my backfiring problem?"

> The engine will not provide satisfactory performance throughout
its entire range if the frequency valve (acceleration enrichment
circuit) is not functioning.