Re: [DML] temp gauge problem

The only way to properly test the gauge is to remove the binnacle. There are only three possible causes of a defective temperature gauge in the DeLorean.
A: A defective sender 45%
B: An open connection (usually at the multi-pin plug at the instrument cluster) 8%
C: A defective dash gauge 45%
D: Other 2%

DMC Joe
www.dmc.tv
"We're here to help you"
DMC Help / De Lorean Services / <dmchelp@xxxx>

----- Original Message -----
From: Soma576@xxxx
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2001 11:36 AM
Subject: [DML] temp gauge problem

hey all,

i have a problem with my engine temp gauge - in that it doesn't work!
i have posted before about the problem, and here is the latest on the
situation - i've done everything that everyone has suggested -

anyway, my temp gauge is stuck at the first tick. it will not go up or down,
and it won't move when you put the key in the ignition. it just says there.
i replaced the temp sending unit - no luck. i tried hitting the dash a
little bit, didn't drop down. i used a paperclip to knock the needle down. it
went down, but then when i put the key in the ignition, it went right back up
to where it was before!!!

anyone have a good idea on what the problem is? the last things to check are,
in my knowledge, replacing the gauge (last resort), or a wiring problem. is
there a way to bypass the stock wiring and just put a jumper between two
points to prove whether or not i have a wiring problem?

thanks for any advice, as always!
Andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596