Re: window switch

The "narrow" window switch is an aftermarket item that was used on some
other European car and was sold by most or all of the vendors when the
original supplies of window switches were exhausted a few years ago. A
similar "narrower" switch was also sourced for the defrost switch. What
probably happened in your case is that one of the switches went bad and a
previous owner replaced it, leaving a "mis-matched" set in your car. One of
the advantages to the narrow switch is that the arrows are not
screen-printed on, they are a translucent plastic and can be wired up to be
illuminated if desired.

In the last six months or so, these replacement switches have become hard to
find as well, and we set out to have EXACT replacements manufactured, for
both the window and the defrost switches. I have seen photos of the samples
and they are on par quaility-wise with the remanufactured door handles we
had made last year. I expect the new switches will be available in time for
the open house this year. Pricing has yet to be determined, but I expect
that they will be LOWER in price than the previous items ($74.95 each).

We are having a quantity of the defrost (on/off) switches made without any
defrost markings on them so that if desired, they could be used in place of
the dummy switches on either side of the window switches as some kind of an
auxiliary switch (driving lights, etc) and still maintain a "factory"
appearance.

James Espey
DeLorean Motor Company
Houston, Texas

281/568-9573
800/USA-DMC1
http://www.delorean.com
Visit the De Lorean Motor Company web site at http://www.delorean.com to
register for our Open House to be held August 10-12, 2001 in Houston, Texas!
Don't miss it!