Buying a DeLorean (eBay or otherwise).

I have seen some excellent deals for what appear to be good cars on
eBay. And I've also seen clunkers for sale in AutoTrader and
Hemmings. No matter where you look, you will always find good cars
that go along with the bad ones. Wheater you bid in an online
auction, see an advertisment in the paper, or you drive by a car for
sale, remember this: There is not, never has been, nor will there
ever be a substitute for examining a car in person. You can know
everything there is to know about a DeLorean. But if you don't look
at a specific car in person, what good does that knowlege do you?
Without knowing what you're getting into, by way of inspecting a
specific car, what you know about the marquee is useless.

I understand the point that was trying to be made originally: A good
number of the cars sold on eBay come from people who are attempting
to sell them quickly. And that the condition/personal intrest in the
car is a big factor. I both understand and recognize that statement.
I also agree to a certain degree with that statement as well. But,
it's a two-way street. Most of the cars that are SOLD on eBay are
usually of a nature that they require repairs of some sort. Now on
the flip side, people don't really bid on cars on eBay that go over
the price tag of $13K. This includes the quality ones as well. Other
makes/models of vehicles do go for higher prices. So I think this
rules out the "eBay is for beaters" rule.

"I got a good/bad car someplace" isn't that creative of a discussion.
Plus it doesn't really help out someone who needs clarification in
searching for a car. Relating a personal expierience helps, but
education is the key. No matter where a person looks, they will find
just as many ill cars as the will good running ones. The choice of
cars is yours. But what you don't know can hurt you.

-Robert