Re: Purchased Delorean 4912 - alarm activates

Re: Purchased Delorean 4912 - alarm activates

My best advice to you if you cannot get the documentation for the
alarm or the installation would be to carefully dissect the entire
alarm out of the car. The alarms that you can install today are far
superior to anything you probably have in the car. It will probably
cost more to troubleshoot and understand your alarm then to remove it
and install a new one. After a couple of years you generally cannot
get support for old alarms and if they didn't document the install you
don't know where to start. Unless you are going to use it as a daily
driver or you live in a large city you don't even need it anyway. A
good battery master switch will keep it from getting robbed and the
car cannot be "slim jimmed" open like a conventional car. The alarm
was not a factory install but the selling dealer may have done it.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757