Re: Tires (again, sorry)

I honestly don't know a thing about BF Groodrich tires. I've never
even rode on a car that had them. But I can tell you what I do know
about the Yokos, and maybe that can help you out. The Yokohama AVS
Intermediate's are considered excellent tires in polls for
their handling ability, and their performance. Although they usually
get points taken off by drivers because of their life span. But, it
should be noted that they are usually only used in applications that
are hard on the tires. I.e. drag racing, auto crossing, etc... For the
DeLorean application, this shouldn't be a worry.

Performance wise, the Yoko's are excellent. The warmer they are, the
more sticky they become. It takes alot for them to lose traction. I've
found that in my car, I am able to control quick turns, and sliding
realativly easy with the Yokos. Granted I only have the old NCT's to
compare to. Re-gripping the road is much easier when sliding the rear
end around a corner vs. losing the traction to cause the slide. Even
in summer and winter rains, the Yoko's are amazing.

For any daily driver DeLorean, they are the only tires that I would
reccomend. Which brings me back to the subject of this posting...

Since your car will not be a daily driver, nor will it probably never
see road conditions any harsher then a Sunday drive, you may want to
go with the B.F. Goodrich tires. By the same token as a comparison, my
car is a daily driver with over 10K miles on my Yokohama's, and I have
little tread wear on the tires. But in either case, I'd choose the
best tires for the application: Amount of use, driving habits, and
price.

I beleive that tirerack.com has sections for user comments on all
brands and models of tires on their web site. You may find some
reviews on other sites as well. Others will post as well, but before
you take the advise of the tire shop, and even the DML, your best bet
is to research everything ahead of time.

Hope this helps!

-Robert
vin 6585

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, srubano@xxxx wrote:
> Ok,Ok...Yes I know that this has come up a few times already. I have
> searched the archives and found a few posts regarding what I am
about
> to ask but not much to go on. I am about to buy a set of new tires.
> know that everyone here recommends the Yoko AVS tires but every time
> I call a tire dealership their first response is "Are you dead set
on
> getting Yoko's?" and then...
<SNIP>