fuel problem update

Hello All,

today i jacked up my car to check out the fuel accumulator and the hoses
around it. this is the first time i have laid eyes on it, in fact. i'm very
paranoid about getting under a car like that, but i did it just to satisfy
curiosity. anyway, i went under to see which hose exactly was replaced by
the Amoco i went to when i discovered a massive fuel leak under my car when
all of my troubles began. turns out that it was the hose that's on the
rear-end of the car. a short hose about 4 or 5 inches long that looks like
it loops right back into the accumulator. what does this hose do? and also,
does this hose being ruptured the same day my car wouldn't start point to
anything important? i'm not sure how it burst. it could have been leaky
before and only started gushing while trying to start the car, or maybe it
burst from high pressure. i can see it now and it's very clean, like it is
still brand new, so i assume it is not leaking at all anymore. new clamps on
it too. i know my fuel accumulator is still doing it's job because i have
very stable rest pressure within specs (in fact it's the only pressure i have
that is in specs!)

i am just waiting for some parts from Grady and i will reassemble my fuel
system. yesterday i used Tri-Flow to lubricate the piston in the distributer
and the other moving parts in the air meter system, as well as the pin in the
primary pressure regulator, so when i get my new O-ring, that will be all
ready to go again. when i get it all back together, i will test pressures
and see if i am within specs again, for the first time in nearly 2 months!
and if i'm not..... well then i'm going to ship my whole fuel system to Grady
for an evaluation.

thanks for the accumulator help though, whoever responds.

Andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596
Fargo, ND 58102