Re: [DML] Re: Oil filter and cross reference info

Re: [DML] Re: Oil filter and cross reference info

> IMHO we owners should purchase the parts we need for our cars from the
> venders who make a living...

I just would like to re-iterate this sentiment. (Others have stated this
before, but it bears repeating for the benefit of any "newer" DML members.)
While certain parts can be substituted, and we can endlessly debate the
topic, the "free" advice and support I've received from Rob Grady and DMC
Joe is well worth the additional cost of the parts they supply. These guys
are friendly, helpful, and can spend ALOT of time on the phone explaining
problems/solutions in great detail, even when there is no "sales" going on.
For instance, I called Rob Grady with a quick question about his suspension
kit (which I plan to buy this week), and entirely unprompted from me, he
commented on my DML posts from last week about my fan speed 3 not working,
and made several suggestions, in great detail, for a relatively minor
problem of mine. He remembered me, he remembered my few posts from last
week, and offered suggestions to help. He wasn't trying to sell me anything,
just offering help for a question I didn't ask. Now that's a level
customer relationship management which I find invaluable and totally lacking
in most businesses today. And because of it, these guys have all of my
Delorean parts business, including oil filters.

-Hank #1619