Re: Oil filter and cross reference info

SUBSTITUTE AT YOUR OWN RISK! Not too long ago James Espey had some
filters cut open. The differences are great. In general the parts sold
by the Delorean venders are of higher quality than the "will fit"
parts that you can obtain localy. Usually you will know when you will
need an oil filter so there is plenty of time to order one. They also
supply the copper gasket that should be replaced for the drain plug.
IMHO we owners should purchase the parts we need for our cars from the
venders who make a living keeping the supply of parts available from
the door pistons which have to be specially manufactured to the oil
filters you might be able to get localy. Only through the business
that we generate are the Delorean venders able to continue to source
parts that are no longer manufactured. Take for example the new door
handles. No owner or club could afford to have them made. The sales we
make with the venders goes toward this effort including oil filters.
You could complain about the high price of parts but think where you
would be and if you would even have your Delorean if many of the parts
were not available at all!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757