A great day with my "D"

Hello all!

Yesterday I got my car back from the shop it had been at for the past 2 weeks
for some major service since it had finally gotten to the 30.000 miles after 20 years.
They replaced a lot of things on the engine and adjusted everything properly.
I also had them replace my Cat with a pipe, to get the exhaust less restrictive.
Since I live in The Netherlands this is allowed. I haven't really driven it a
lot yet,
but I can allready feel the difference: the car sounds somewhat throatier and
runs MUCH smoother now.

Since there was a special event for hadicapped people today, the Truck Tour
Tilburg (TTT)(Tilburg is a city I live nearby) I decided to go take a look with
my "D".
The TTT is an event in which handicapped people are invited to come ride in a
big truck end take a tour around the surrounding area. This year it sported 250
Truck in 4 groups of about 65, with several motorcycleclubs as entourage.

I parked alog the side of the road facing the aproaching trucks, put up the
doors and allmost instantly got a crowd around the car, BOY do I LOVE this! I
got a totally new remark too:
someone called me Luke, I asked him why and i got his answer: he ment Luke
skywalker, since I also flew an X-wing! VERY original to hear, I've gotten quite
used to the BTTF-remarks...

After the last group of trucks I joined in and drove along for several miles,
a lot of people were waving and staring at me even more than they were at the
fully loaded Kenworth trucks (those are really not that common over here) and
Harley Davidsons in front of me.

The day is only half way yet and it's allready been great!

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000

check out the Delorean-Files at: