Re: corrosion in my fuel system

If you see corrosion on the inside surfaces of the fuel system that
means water has gotten in. The ENTIRE system must be cleaned. If you
fail to do so the corrosion will come loose later and cause all kinds
of problems. The Bosch system is very reliable but like all fuel
injection systems it cannot tolerate DIRT. If you don't want to
replace everything get bottle brushes and clean EVERYTHING. Some
things that you can't get inside of will need to be replaced like the
pump, filter, and accumulater. I would be very concerned about the
condition of the fuel lines running front to rear.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Soma576@xxxx wrote:
> today while dismantling my fuel system in the engine compartment, i
removed all the injectors and hoses. i have found light to mild levels of
corrosion around the insides of the banjo fittings as well as in the inside of
the injectors where the hollow bolt goes into.