Re: [DML] re: First Drive - Happy Hour!

Hi Jan,
Next to a door release by remote control, for lots of fun, is a remote
starter.....I have had my D for four years and installed this when I got it.
It gets as much of a double take as the car itself! If anyone is standing
in front of it, they leap out of the way thinking it is going to run over
them. I'll never forget an elderly lady in a supermarket parking lot, who
had a paper bag of groceries.....she was next to the D and I did not see her
or would never have pushed the button which startled her.....she dropped her
bag of groceries that went all over the place including UNDER my D. I
apologized and picked up the mess. She wasn't mad at me though. Usually
I push the remote start button from inside the store so the car will be
cooled or warmed by the time I get out there.
I don't have the door release yet, but got the info from Darryl
Tinnerstet. He says he enjoys walking up to the car, pop the door and
without missing a stride, slide into the seat! Mostly it just takes a
strong solenoid that will yank the door release from within the door...plus
a lot of work! I don't "bend" like I used to or I would have one installed
by now!
I am almost 80 and am sitll the 12 year old boy with the first balloon
tired bike in town!!
Murray
Vin: 05962 Lic: DMC-XII
Washington State, USA