Re: [DML] new tech site

I don't mean to step on anyone's toes here, but I must ask 1
question: What exactly is the goal of the new DMCTech mailing list?
Is it going to be a "bin" for people to submit ideas for a Startup
Guide for the DeLorean? Or is this going to be a 2nd version of the
DML? I can understand creating a bulletin board to post ideas to.
That way you can keep both an online record, and you can have people
further elaborate on those ideas as things progress. Or is this going
to be a tech list where people can post problems with thier cars, and
then have technical advice offered? If so, then that's already here
on the DML. I'm not saying anything in an attempt to knock anyone or
their ideas. It's just that not only is the DML already in place, but
we have many people here who just by reading the daily postings alone
are able to "proofread" advice and repair procedures for inaccuracies
and so forth. There are many list members here who come from all
walks of life. In their own ways they provide unique information
along with common knowlege that helps to aid us all with specific
areas of our cars. 2 lists are too many too keep track of.

Just wanted to clarify things...

-Robert
vin 6585

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Les Huckins <jhuckins@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi Marvin, not much changes, the fixers fix and the non fixers
don't fix. The advantage to the non fixer is that when you take your
car is in for repair you know when someone is giving you a story
about what needs to be done. When you don't know anything about what
needs to be done you can often be led down a very expensive garden
path. Mechanics couldn't care less what you screw up trying to do it
yourself, that's where some of the big money is, your guilt allows
them a very large pencil while figuring
> your bill. Basic fear keeps non fixers at bay, the bolder one's
pay the price for their daring.