Re: Door Openers

There are 2 seperate versions of the automatic door openers from what
I've seen. When you disarm the alarm, the doors are unlocked. To open
either door individually, you simply push the coresponding button on
the remote. A solenoid is mounted in the front portion of the door,
and is connected to the lower portion of the bellcrank via a braided
cable. When the solenoid is activated, it will pull the cable to
rotate the bellcrank to unlatch the fore and aft striker pins. Here's
where both versions vary:
Version 1: A "kicker" solenoid with a rubber pad is installed into
the fiberglass underbody. Located at the rear-lower portion of the
door, it will activate to push the door out as the door unlatches.
Version 2: The torsion bars are adjusted, and then over-torqued by 1-
2 notches. As soon as the door is unlatched, the force of the torsion
bar will naturally force the door to rise.

-Robert
vin 6585

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Dmc3360@xxxx wrote:
> PJ Grady is currently working on dooropeners that will work with
the
> Lockzilla remote entry accesory they currently offer. I was at
Rob's shop
> the other day and he said they will be out soon.
<SNIP>