New DeLorean Tech site

In a message dated 3/27/01 9:51:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,
delornut@xxxx writes:

<< There also appears to be no more than a handful of subscribers
taking part in the discussion regarding a 'newbi' corner of the list. I'm
wondering if this is better taken to private emails between those folks
until something concrete surfaces from all of this. >>

Okay, let's take this out of the clouds and give it legs.

There IS a new DeLorean Tech site called DMCTech already set up and ready to
meet this need, and more. I'll give you the URL below. Like dmcnews, it's a
free yahoo group. The aim is to provide a repository for DeLorean tech info
ONLY. Something like the DML files, but a lot more narrowly focused, edited,
compiled and categorized.

I set it up last September. So how come you never heard of it? Because I've
been so heavily involved in the New DeLorean Manuals Project that I haven't
had time to roll it out. So I've never publicized it before this. But with
the current interest, now is the time!

What's in the database? Nothing! Nobody knows it's there...until now. So
here's a great opener: let's open it up with the "Newbie" issues. I see
four categories:

* Should I buy a DeLorean (for the tire kickers... roll out your happy
stories here!)
* What should I look for when shopping for a DeLorean
* To-do checklist after buying a regularly maintained daily driver
* To-do checklist after buying a long-stored or neglected DeLorean

The problem with the last two questions is that they would be a lot better
dealt with if there was an accurate, complete, up to date service manual to
refer back to. Which I'm working toward. And the service manual would be a
lot better dealt with if there was an accurate, complete, up to date parts
and assembly manual to refer back to. Which I'm also working on. Which
explains why DMCTech is still empty. Until now, I considered it easier to do
at the end than the beginning. But with help, we can get a highly usable
resource up to speed even before the new manuals come out. Some of the
contributions can even be funnelled into the final service manual, where
applicable.

How does the site work? Go to it and check it out. The address is:

If you have an interest in tech issues, I encourage, no, I urge you to sign
up. After all, it's free, just like the DML. Then, when you post a tech
message to the DML, send a copy to DMCTech as well, at
DMCTech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I'll plug it in.

DMCTech was inspired by the DML. It won't replace or compete with the DML,
nor could it. I see it as a useful annex... a tech toolbox. Let's put some
tools in that toolbox!

Wayne A. Ernst
vin 11174
Moderator, DMCTech