Re: [DML] Trouble Shifting into Reverse and acceleration

Re: [DML] Trouble Shifting into Reverse and acceleration

Latest update:

Got my D's front end aligned and tires balanced this past Saturday. It
drove a lot better but the steering started making this kind of humming
vibration (could hear and feel but mostly feel) when you turned more then
just a little bit. It reminded me of an old Dodge Dart I had when the power
steering fluid was low (the pumped hummed loudly and caused the steering to
vibrate but guess I don't have to worry about power steering fluid on this
car).

Drove it to work this morning and no problems. Got in it this evening to
come home and I don't know what the heck happened but it all went south.
First the clutch resistance (to depress) had chainged significantly. About
1/2 of the travel didn't seem to do anything. It was also jammed into gear
and really didn't want to come out. There was actually a spring type
tension forcing the lever forward. When I finally did get it in gear, the
clutch never disengaged the drive train (ie. it would still move as in gear
but it would slip some).

Finally managed to get it into reverse to back out of my parking space. Got
it into (as near as I can tell) 3rd and limped to a meeting I had. From
there I called a tow truck Really sad to see her carted off.

Plans for now is to give the shop who has her DMCJoe's number and see if we
can get her fixed. Any thoughts (and of course wishes for luck) would be
greatly welcomed by this newcomer (starting week 2 of ownership).

One last item, would like to put a cruise control on her. Anyone done this
before? Can you recommend a good product?

Thanks for listening to a long-winded newbie.

Ed Garbade
VIN 10541
garbadee@xxxx