Re: Trouble Shifting into Reverse and acceleration

Re: Trouble Shifting into Reverse and acceleration

Ed,
Welcome to the world of De Loreans. I to had the problem with
shifting when I bought my car about 4 years ago. After cleaning,re
lubricating and adjusting linkage it all worked out. I also noticed
that if the linkage isn't adjusted just right the edge of the shifter
boot could get in the way. You may also want to lubricate the pivot
bolt which is under the car in the frame and part of the shifting
linkage, it probably hasn't been touched in years.
As to the parts you need, I have a friend in N Carolina who would
have the parts. If you will email or call my 800 # 9-5 m-f I will
give you his number.800-413-3300.
John Hervey
Dallas/Forney, Texas
dherv10@xxxx
www.specialTauto.com
web site.

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Ed Garbade" <garbadee@xxxx> wrote:
> Well, I'm a brand new owner (as of 3/11/01). My immediate concern
is I am
> having a great deal of difficulty getting my 5 speed into reverse.
I know