Speedvision/Hemmings DeLorean Spot

Well, I took a few minutes to view the show and I was very disappointed during some of it.

They had an "expert" (yeah, they called him an expert) tell all about the DMC. Sometimes I wonder if he took any time at all to research the car. He described the car as an early 81 build, yet the car had no gas flap. This got funnier when they showed the door sill vin tag which very clearly said "OCT. 81" --a 5000 vin number.

The man also said the early cars came with a metal overflow tank, but it leaked so it was replaced with plastic one. Now, I don't know too much about anything, but I thought all cars came with plastic and the metal was the replacement. Someone let me know if I don't know what I'm talking about. It was funny to see how the guy said the car was so "remarkable" because it still had the metal tank in it. --Obviously not original!

It got worse: Late in the segment, he said the cars late in production were painted red or black in an attempt to stimulate sales. Where did this come from? Way off.

He also said the interior colors came in gray and "chocolate brown." --I suppose we could let that one slide....

Overall the segment was good, simply because they were positive in representing the car. They gave an accurate description of the fun driving experience. --But I wish the "expert" would have done his homework.

Jake