Re: High idle probs...

For the backfiring try adjusting the intake and exhaust valves, since
I don't know how many miles are on the motor it could just be a tight
intake valve adjustment but it could also be, bad ignition wires,
cracked dist cap, overly lean fuel adjustment. For the high idle check
that the three large brass screws on the intake are LIGHTLY seated
closed and that the throttle plates are closing all of the way. Make
sure at idle the idle micro is activated. Get the freq valve to buzz,
it is needed for a smooth idle and to enrich the fuel mixture, It
could also be the cause of the backfire because of the lean mixture.
Check the relay that suplies power to the lambda circuit and fix the
wire to the 02 sensor.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, njp548@xxxx wrote:
> Hey List,
>
> Now that I got the timing right (using timing light, the notch
on the
> crankshaft lines up with the 13 degrees notch on the plate for
cylinder #1)
> but now I am getting a high idle, and my frequency valve doesn't
buzz at all.
> I was wondering what direction I should start looking in? Also I
still have