Re: [DML] Where to finance a car

From: "dmc" <delorean@xxxx>
To: <dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [DML] Where to finance a car
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 21:01:18 -0500

I was looking for places to finance buying my Delorean. I have found only a
place called JJ Best that specializes in Classic Auto Loans. They offer 5
year loans, with 20% down, and 10.99% fixed rate.

Does anyone know of another place?

Several years ago now, I tried to finance my DeLorean purchase through JJ Best. I found them to be extremely unreliable and I always felt like the were not completly honest. At the time I was looking to purchase a DeLorean from Steve in Houston. JJ Best led me on until the last minute and then denied my loan because they said the car "wasn't worth it". (If memory serves me Steve actually recommended them to me.) About a year later JJ Best sent me a letter asking if there was any way they could serve me. I politely explained to them the earlier incident. I never heard from them again. Now I take every opportunity to warn people about them.

Incidentally, I finally received financing from Bank Of America (Nationsbank). Never underestimate your friendly local banker either. Most are eager to earn life long customers.

Good Luck,

Dave
VIN 5524