Re: auto-eject of tapedeck

Les wrote:

> I'm out in the boonies and can't get decent radio reception so play
> tapes, whenever I turn the radio off the tape jumps out, I'd like to
> disable that circuit so the tape stays in like the late models...has
> anyone done it?

I haven't; I just put in an aftermarket stereo
For pics look in the files section of the yahoo group:

The auto eject IMHO is a good feature: it saves your tapes from unneccesary
wear; the tapehed in the deck gets magnetized over time from the tape passing it.
If you leave your cassette in this can affect the quality of your tape.
Another point is that the tape can get stuck tu the head, capstan of pinchroller
and destroy your tape in that way too.

If you DO want to figure this out: there are some scans of the craig tech-info
somewhere on the net, don't know where I got them, but there are several schematics,
PCB layouts, a parts list, alignment instructions for the Dolby system and an
exploded view so you know what goes where.

If anyone needs them and can't find these scans (maybe someone can jump in here),
I can mail them to you ZIPped, but then it's still about 1,5Mb in size.

Good luck,

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000